George R. Freund
George concentrates his practice in tax, estate planning, probate and trust administration for individuals and families. For more than a decade he has represented clients with respect to the planning and implementation of sophisticated estate planning structures and gifting strategies in order to transfer wealth to future generations in a tax-efficient manner.
He takes pride in crafting and administering estate planning and wealth protection strategies that provide for the efficient transmission of assets from one generation to the next, minimize tax liabilities, reduce the likelihood of conflict or confusion, and bring peace of mind to families of all means. George provides counsel to personal representatives, trustees and beneficiaries through the administration of complex trusts and estates.
George has assisted countless clients establish and administer estate plans, create multi-generational trusts, file estate and gift tax returns and navigate complex tax issues. He combines a keen eye for detail with a holistic view of each client’s circumstances and goals. The former translates into his preparation of meticulous and thorough documentation, while the latter is a product of the time he takes to get to know each client and their family on a very personal level. These personal relationships allow George to provide personally tailored guidance best suited to their needs.
George believes in empowering his clients with information, explaining complex estate planning topics in a clear and accessible way so that they understand the what and why behind their estate planning. More than providing technical advice, he takes a creative approach in crafting integrated, custom estate planning solutions that comprehensively address the unique circumstances faced by his clients. He works hand-in-hand with client’s accountants, financial advisors and life insurance agents to ensure that each client’s personal situation is fully addressed in a holistic estate plan. When not working, George enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons.
- Union College, Schenectady, New York, B.A., Economics
- The University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida, J.D., Cum Laude
- AV-Preeminent Rated from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top Lawyer from Palm Beach Illustrated
- Rising Star from Super Lawyers
- Top Up and Comer Lawyer from South Florida Business and Wealth
- Top Rated Lawyer in Trust & Estate from ALM Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Class III of The Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Tax Law Section of the Florida Bar
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- Leadership Boca Class of 2020
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- City of Boca Raton Baseball Coach